Let’s say you need to discover a particular @elonmusk tweet about machine studying, however can’t discover the tweet if you scroll again in your feed.
Otherwise you’re internet hosting a “2018 net design” webinar and need to compile a listing of consultants utilizing Twitter.
Or possibly you simply need to see Twitter conversations between @garyvee and @bcuban from 2016.
There’s no denying that Twitter is a good social media device. However with 300 million individuals utilizing Twitter each month, it’s typically tough to search out the knowledge you want.
Twitter’s common search characteristic can’t assist you discover any extremely particular data. Fortunately, Twitter’s superior search can.
However utilizing superior search isn’t as intuitive as utilizing the fundamental search capabilities, so we’ve lined the 4 steps to grasp superior search. After getting these down, you possibly can discover the varied search fields relying in your search intent.
How do you utilize Twitter Superior Search?
- Enter your search into the search bar on Twitter.
- On the high left of your outcomes web page, click on “Search filters” after which “Superior search.”
- Fill within the applicable fields to refine search outcomes.
- Click on “search” to see outcomes.
Okay, so let’s get to it. Listed here are the 4 steps it’s essential to use Twitter’s superior search.
1. Enter your search phrases into the search bar on Twitter.
2. On the high left of your outcomes web page, click on “Search filters” after which “Superior search.”
three. Fill within the applicable fields to refine search outcomes.
four. Click on “search” to see outcomes.
Within the instance above, I used superior search to see each time @HubSpot talked about the TV present Recreation of Thrones after January 1, 2018.
I wanted to make use of the “precise phrase” as a result of, as I discovered by means of trial and error, “any of those phrases” produced outcomes for anytime HubSpot talked about the phrase “recreation,” “of,” or “thrones.”
This broadened my outcomes, however didn’t present accuracy.
If I needed to search out different data concerning Recreation of Thrones, I might search “these hashtags” (#gameofthrones) to see tweets the place GoT is talked about.
I might additionally see if @GameofThrones has talked about @HubSpot (they haven’t …).
I might even select a particular place and time if I needed to know what individuals have been saying about GoT final September in Eire.
The superior search fields present ample alternatives to discover Twitter’s deep crevices, together with:
- “all of those phrases” to make sure you’re narrowing in on a particular question
- “any of those phrases” to broaden your analysis scope
- “none of those phrases” to exclude irrelevant search data
- “these hashtags” to search out widespread subjects.
- “from account” and “to account” to see interactions between particular individuals
- “mentioning these accounts” to see who’s speaking about you
Strive it your self to see all of Twitter’s further advantages when you get the grasp of superior search.